Sunday, March 16, 2014

Q&A with Mike Mucitelli

What are some of lessons you have learned through MMA? 
Fighting will reveal everything about yourself. If you have fears or insecurities, the level of physical and emotional stress you will experience leading up to the fight and in the fight itself will reveal them to you. You need to be prepared for that. It's much harder than I was ever prepared for when I first started my foray into this sport. 

What motivates you to compete in mixed martial arts? 
Throughout my life, before competing in MMA, when faced with a challenge, I've always wilted or just relied on my natural talent to get me by. In MMA you can't just coast by and fake it. There's no teammates to fall back on in the cage, and no excuses when a crowd witnesses it. Competing in MMA forces me to truly push myself, to test what I'm made of, and to make myself believe I have the ability to accomplish something great. 

Who/what inspires you? 
My mother is a big inspiration. There have been times in our family that life got tough, money was tight, there were problems; but she has always managed to keep an upbeat attitude and a constant smile that lights up every room. She's outgoing and helps freely without expecting anything in return. It's a very rare set of qualities to find in today's me-first, instant gratification world. 

Any motivational message you'd like to share with our readers? 
Don't give up on a dream. Don't set expectations low. I never anticipated I could be a fighter on a world stage, fighting to be counted among the best in the world, I just plugged along setting one goal after another. So many people close off their dreams before even chasing them. Keep an open mind, and challenge yourself every day, and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment




More interesting and intelligent quotations